Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Jumping BACK in

I definitely wrote this up and drafted it for a week, this would be a summary of Nov 17-24. I debated on whether or not I should post it, but I figured I would since it was already written up:

So there is a reason why I eagerly posted so quickly on the day of birth for this blog. It is because on Friday, right after work, I drove straight up to Vegas for a friends birthday and all my health consciousness went out the window for 2 days. However, I did jump right back in post weekend.

I used to have this mentality where once I let myself indulge a little, I would then feel terrible, and then counter intuitively continue on a indulgence spree because I thought to myself, "I've already messed up, I guess I may as well just keep going and start new after I'm done." Looking back, this is silly because then I'd just overdo it and it would just add onto the guilt. Now, I fully enjoy my indulgences, know where the end is, and jump right back in. I try to limit myself to a couple of cheats a week, rather than a "cheat day" or two. And the most important thing: I fully enjoy these indulgences to the max instead of feeling regretful. It all sounds like common sense but it took a little time for me to fully grasp it.

Back to this weekend. I luckily got a full 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep on Sunday night (I'm not one who sleeps a ton so this is a really good amount for me) and woke up on Monday feeling great and refreshed. I was able to make it to the gym straight from work where I intended on going to a spin class, but the instructor never showed up so I instead did a 30 minute core class followed by a 60 minute Turbo Kickboxing class. I love going to classes at the gym because it gives me a little extra motivation to make it, and I enjoy the classes. Didn't have my usual post workout fuel on me so I post fueled with a piece of salted dark chocolate with almonds. Definitely not a regular thing, but ... it had some sugar, protein, and fat? On Tuesday, I strength trained by going to a Bodypump class and had a protein bar post workout. Yesterday, I took a break but today I did a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot 10k. Haven't run in about a month, and at the 3 mile mark wished I had only signed up for the 5k but ended up running with a decent pace and finishing strong. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. i'm exactly like that... in fact just came out of another bout of self-inflicted un-motivation. ughghghghghghghghg this is why i'm glad we have this blog.

    ReplyDelete