Monday, November 21, 2011

Hello all! My name is Sneha and I met Serina in high school.. about 9 years ago! I found out about her blog through the power and connectivity of facebook :)

I am 26 years old and have been living in the Washington D.C. area for 8 years. I was the kid in school that never voluntarily participated in anything athletic!

Then, after 25 years of couchpotatoing, last year I joined golds gym here in DC, and have been working out (strength training/toning) regularly for 14 months!

Here are some things I've learned/observed so far:

1) having a workout buddy is an imperative! My best friend and workout buddy, Sam, is the motivation I need to tell me I HAVE TO GO TO GYM, on those days when it's rainy and cold outside, or I'm just feeling lazy, and I do the same for him.

2) Joining a gym 2 blocks away from my office was a good decision- I make it a habit to go there 4x a week, immediately after work. That routine is ingrained in my head now.

3) My appetite is voracious at times now. Weight training demands higher calorie intakes. I eat at least 5-6 meals a day and I've gained 8 lbs since I started working out, mostly muscle.

4) I like having a game plan for each day of working out and keeping it fresh to trick your body:
Right now we do -
Mon- Chest, Shoulders and Abs
Tues-Back and legs
Wed-Arms
Thurs- Cardio and abs
friday-sunday- no gym!

5) I now drink a full glass of Kefir everyday within a 20 minute window after gym. This helps me not pass out and/or be so famished that I stop by a fast food place on my way home. I find it to be a good alternative to those powdered mixes of grainy/mealy protein powder which don't sound appealing to me at all.

1 comment:

  1. yay, welcome sneha! how do you isolate your workout schedule that way btw? or are you lifting weights? i'd like to do something similar but in yoga i'm kinda working everything out at once (and sometimes not any one area enough).

    ReplyDelete