Thursday, November 17, 2011

Jumping Right In

Sweet, thanks Serina for putting this together! Just some brief intro, in recent years I've become a total fitness/nutrition junkie as well as a blog lover. I love reading blogs and enjoy writing them too and there is a reason why I was not an English/writing major, but I do love sharing what I have to say :)Link
Anyway, briefly in the past few years I've spent way too much time trying to figure out fitness and diet and in most recent months finally feel like I'm headed down a truly healthy, balanced path in life (not to say I don't stray from time to time, but who doesn't?) and I love sharing what I've learned and how I've gotten there so I plan on slowly sharing things like how I've learned to generally crave healthy food more than junk (seriously, it is possible I always thought that was crap when people would say that) and how I've learned to work fitness into my busy 9-5 life. I guess you can say I like 2 different extremes - I love long distance running as well as living (semi) heavy weights. I love running races, Bodypump classes, and kettlebells. Those 3 probably make up the majority of my workouts. Things like pilates and the barre method don't appeal to me much, although I haven't given it much of a chance so maybe much like how I can convince myself to like the taste of something because it's healthy, maybe I can convince myself to enjoy those methods of exercise because it's, well, exercise. If all goes well, in a year or so I will be a certified personal trainer with a little experience and I strive to have that certification with some real knowledge to offer, rather than to have it just to tell people I'm certified. I would also love to one day get certified as a nutrition coach but I think that's putting way too much on my plate... so we'll see. I've been looking to connect with like minded people with a similar passion for awhile so I'm looking forward to being part of this!

I actually have a blog on the side I have just started for this stuff, mostly so I can keep myself accountable and to look back at so I will plan to post here regularly, but I'm thinking I may find myself linking back to that to expand on my posts. So for example...

Today's workout was approximately 45 minutes of a few strength training exercises I threw together plus a cardio Turbo Kickboxing class at 24 Hour Fitness. Read more here!

No comments:

Post a Comment