Thursday, November 17, 2011

Starting with a bang

So my brother got married last week, and my family piled into a car and drove down from the Bay Area to visit me for the first time in San Diego as a whole unit. What I seemed to have forgotten in the process is: the Changs can eat.... A !##$!@# LOT. We eat so that we can go somewhere else to eat. Need to meet up with someone? Let's do it over lunch, or dinner, or some non-categorical in between.

I ate so much that by the time they left I felt like my stomach had expanded triple from what it was before.

Anyway, so I decided to kick start this whole fitness thing by thrusting myself into what I've heard was one of the hardest classes that exists in Corepower - that is, Sculpt, taught by Tabu. If this means nothing to you, Sculpt is basically a hybrid of yoga + cardio + weight lifting = BOOTCAMP (fml).

Tabu is this super buff, ripped guy who also works as a fitness coach when he's not teaching at Corepower. I've taken a regular yoga class before and he seriously kicked my ass. He was also doing crap like putting his legs behind his head, and saying things like, "Simply place your head between your toes" and other things that are pretty much impossible (unless you're him) - so I knew going into this I was going to DIE.

Here's Tabu. He's super buff and wears really short shorts when he teaches. Lol

After I got off work I drank a huge glass of water and rode my bike over to Corepower. The class was completely full and he came in and got right down to business - push ups until I wanted to throw up all over the mat. People were laughing because his class was so absurdly hard: after one set of something absurd like one armed push ups while holding a block between your legs, we hop right up and start doing a set of burpies.

When we were done, it took me about 2 minutes to stand up, 5 minutes to get the courage to use my legs and walk out the door. And then I sat on the lobby couch for 15 minutes before realizing I had to bike home. I gave up and walked home instead. So tired.

So here I am about to hop in the shower and toss this smelly, completely sweat-soaked towel I brought to Sculpt with me into the washing machine.

Nasty. 

I'd say I did my job for today. Good job, me.

-Serina

No comments:

Post a Comment