Thursday, November 17, 2011

So it begins!

I'm not sure if this will work at all, but this all started when I realized that being a person working from 8-5 and sitting all day, then going home and being tired makes it pretty hard to remain self-motivated in maintaining a disciplined fitness schedule and healthy lifestyle. I thought, what better way than to have people who, like myself, wish to remain fit and healthy, and happy, and we can all hold each other accountable?

And if it flops, at least it'll be a way for me to keep track myself on how often I'm staying in shape. So anyway, here are the rules of the game:

  • Who: All are welcome to join this blog. Just shoot me an email at serina@gmail.com and I'll add you as a blog author to this site. By the way, ideally I'd like to make this a pretty open, collaborative blog so all are encouraged to contribute ideas.
  • How it works: Everyone is encouraged to blog as frequently as they work out. Ideally, it's a few times a week. So if we don't see you blogging for a while, then we know that this person needs to get workin'! Members of this group (and any other viewers) are encouraged to give active, *encouraging* feedback. I don't want this blog to become a negative reinforcer, or for people to become hyperaware of their body size, etc. etc. The idea is to motivate, not deprecate.
  • What to write about: Whatever you'd like to (keeping in mind this is a fitness blog, that is). This can range from discussing a personal goal you're trying to reach, your experience of working out that day, some awesome soul nourishing food you made that day, pictures, or whatever else you feel like sharing.

So that's all for now. Here's to tighter buns, healthy eating, and a happier lifestyle!



No comments:

Post a Comment